Sunday, September 16, 2007

 

Fuel Hose Problem


As light relief from prepping for painting, I decided to connect up the fuel pump to carb fuel line, but I just don't see how this is going to work out with the parts I have.

In this first picture all looks well. The fuel line comes off the pump into a KB-090-T fitting from VANS. The red cap is covering the fuel pressure fitting.



In this second picture though, you can see there is a significant problem. With the fitting rotated backwards, the fuel pipe is pressing against the mount tube and the gear leg housing. If you rotate the fitting forward, the problem doesn't reduce because while the engine mount tube is moving to the right in this picture, it is also moving closer to the camera, so it still is up hard against the fuel hose.

A 45 deg fitting allows for the fuel pipe to angle off to the right in this picture, but I would like to be able to measure fuel pressure. The only solution I can see is to buy a hose with a 45deg swivel on the end. I would welcome other ideas though. What have other builders done? (This is a dynafocal O-320.)

If you ask VANS which hose you should buy they advise this one, but I would hesitate before you go ahead.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?